After the government’s announcement last night that the current lockdown will continue for at least another three weeks, you may have reached a point where you are really wondering how you are going to spend your time. I have some great tips on how to keep busy at home, read on for some inspiration….
I have seen SO many cool posts on social media of things people have made from ‘stuff’ lying around their home and garden.
- If you are lucky enough to have any pallets or wood hanging around you could build (or adapt or repair) a shed or kids playhouse. You could also save a fortune in the cost of building a garden shed, of course, you may want to put any money you are saving towards a brand new shed when this is over, and invest in professional help to put it up.
- If you don’t have enough wood or other materials to make a garden building, how about you make a den? A washing line can be the perfect starting point – or a garden table or parasol. Old sheets, blankets, towels can all be used to make a cool hanging out space the children will love. PLEASE be careful and make sure it is safe and sturdy!
- We have an ugly breeze block wall along the back of our garden and we are going to paint it – with an area dedicated to this lockdown period with the date and our handprints. Why not do the same in your garden and involve the whole family?
- No garden? Well, bring the fun inside! Use the dining table or clothes airer as a base for a den, add fairy lights, music and you have a cool chill-out zone or reading nook.
- Plan an indoor treasure hunt – use letters of the alphabet or colours to make a list of things to find, or hide certain items.
This lockdown situation is tough, but it isn’t forever and we just have to get through it as best we can. The most important thing is that you are safe and well.
Please do let me know your tips on how to keep busy at home x