I hope you are all well and safe. Even though we are in the middle of a very strange time, special occasions are still happening – Birthdays, Anniversaries etc- I just hope the current situation is different for my son’s 18th birthday at the end of July. Anyway, if you have a loved one celebrating a special occasion soon, here are my ideas for gift giving from home….
There are still ways you can show your loved one that you are thinking of them, and cheer them up a little too:
- Etsy. A huge range of unique, personal gift ideas to choose from for every occasion. You can contact the seller/maker direct to discuss delivery options.
- Make your own gift – maybe a book of special memories and get the children to contribute with drawings, poems and stories too. Royal Mail is still operating as are a lot of couriers.
- A photo gift – many companies offer a simple service where you upload your photos, choose the gift and layout, and have it shipped directly.
- Online catalogues – a great way to access hundreds of different products from the comfort of your own home. Look out for interest free catalogues so you don’t end up paying more for your gift.
- You can still send hampers, plants and beautiful flowers with a company such as Interflora. Check their website for the current range available and delivery options.
Other great ideas include sending e-cards, a great option if you have forgotten a special occasion – oooops! Or what about a gift voucher for a meal at a local restaurant – this is a complete win-win at the moment, you are supporting a local business at a very difficult time, and it will give your loved one something to look forward to.
Do you have a special occasion coming up? How will you celebrate at this time? If you have any ideas for gift giving fro home please do let me know.
Stay safe and healthy x