Pickle says… I am really looking forward to Halloween this year, and although I do not like the really scary stuff, I do love dressing up and joining in my local trick or treat trail. I would love to hold a party, and Mummy and I have found some fantastic Halloween Party themes for children…
- Pumpkin Painting and Decorating Party.
- Pumpkin Faces: Provide foam shapes and stickers, like eyes, noses, mouths, eye patches, glasses, hats, ears and other facial features for the kids. Let the kids mix and match the shapes and stickers and glue them on a pumpkin to create a scary or funny face.
- Pumpkin Painting: Supply paint and paint brushes for the kids to decorate their pumpkins. Put out bowls of sequins, containers of glitter, fabric scraps and beads on the decorating table. Decorate the pumpkins with stencil designs or encourage the kids own painting creations. Get really creative and mix some glitter in a few of the paint colors!
- Pumpkin Animals: Supply paint, googly eyes, egg cartons and pipe cleaners for the kids to create animals. Make a pig with pink paint, an egg carton for the snout and pink pipe cleaners for legs. Make a cow with white paint, black spots and white pipe cleaners for the legs. Make a black cat with big eyes, a cute pink nose and whiskers made of black pipe cleaners.
- Harry Potter Party. This would be so cool Sorting Hats, broomsticks, magic wands, cauldrons, spiders, cobwebs and any Harry Potter gifts you can find. Games could include pin the spider on the web.
- Super Hero Party. This is super easy – invite everyone to dress as their favourite Super Hero. Pick up cheap party supplies of table cloths, paper plates and cups to serve treats.
- Pirates. I have found some absolutely fantastic pirate party food ideas including Treasure Map Pizza and Babybel Pirates.
Aren’t they cute ideas? Photo credit to Party Ideas UK website (link above).
I would love to hear how you are celebrating Halloween, and if you are having a party. Have you any Halloween Party Themes for Children to share with us?