Big sis turns in two weeks! Mummy can’t believe it – where did the 16 years go? Lea was born on 10th December 1999 – a Millennium baby. Doesn’t it sound funny that she was born in the last century!?
So, without giving anything away, here are our top Five Fab 16th Birthday Ideas:
1. Concert tickets – our nearest big venue is Cardiff, and Lea is going there tomorrow with her best friend to see Marina and the Diamonds. Mummy has seen (with my sisters) Katy Perry, Rihanna, One Direction and others there. Register and log in to a site such as Ticketmaster before tickets go on sale to save time and frustration – big artists tickets sell out very quickly. If you have lots of money, look at the VIP options. If you plan to stay over night book the hotel now. You may not get a room otherwise, or will have to pay a lot more for one. If the artist is in a big venue, accommodation will book up very quickly too.
2. A shopping trip – part of Lea’s Big Birthday Weekend will be some time shopping in Cardiff with her friend. Mummy will check on line for any any discounts or special offers in Lea’s favourite shops.
3. A photo keepsake of special moments – a canvas or collage or similar. Mummy had one made for MeeMee when she turned 16.
4. Family will want to celebrate too, so a meal in a really special place will keep everyone happy! 16 year olds won’t want a big party with family and friends, so organising separate ones may be a good idea.
5. A keepsake piece of jewellery. Lea has a Pandora bracelet so a charm is a great idea. A necklace is another lovly idea.
What would you add as 16th Birthday Ideas?