Pickle says… I am lucky to live in a beautiful part of the world. There are lots of castles, beaches and cool places to visit. Here are my top 5 places to visit in Pembrokeshire this year…
- Pembroke Castle. One of the best castles in the whole country. It has a really, really tall Keep (tower) which you can climb, a real dungeon and a huge cave underneath. If you like castles you will LOVE this one.
- St Davids Cathedral. St Davids is the smallest city in the UK and has a really awesome Cathedral. I liked the tombs inside, especially the one with a statue of a little dog on it. The dog died with it’s owner and they were buried together. If you park near Oriel Y Parc you can go into the gallery free, and there are lots of cool things including a huge turtle skeleton.
- Tenby. Possibly the most famous town in Pembrokeshire. It has several cool beaches and the harbour is really pretty.
- Welsh Wildlife Centre, Cilgerran. This has lots of lovely walks of different lengths including pushchair friendly ones. There is an interactive centre and really nice cafe. You can spot birds and other wildlife if you are lucky, and you only pay to park the car.
- Manor House Wildlife Park. We had annual passes last year and visited a lot. It has lots of open space, an outdoor bouncy castle, trikes and space hoppers and a cool indoor play centre too. You can see rhino, zebras, gibbons and if you are really lucky, tigers! I meet my friends there a lot in the warmer months.
There are so many other places to visit in Pembrokeshire, but these are my very favourite. Infact there is SO much to do that it is hard to choose sometimes. If you are visiting, make sure you check out my top 5 places to visit in Pembrokeshire.