Mummy says… We are loving this gorgeous summer weather and are spending as much time in the sunshine as possible. I am also keen to pick up on the sunny vibes and try to bring summer indoors. Here are some ideas I have had….
- Fresh flowers. You may be lucky enough to have some flowers and foliage growing in your garden, or you could treat yourself to some fresh flowers every week or so during the sunnier months. Large vases with just foliage are quite striking too. Remember to keep them out of direct sunshine, drafts and top up / change the water regularly.
- Create a feature wall. You can paint a feature wall in a summery pastel colour or add a floral mural for a more dramatic effect. By choosing just one wall this is a great way of completely changing the look of your room with minimum cost and disruption.
- Summer candles. Not just for winter, candles always add so much to a home. There are some gorgeous summery candles available – look out for florals or fresh scents. Rose, rhubarb and nectarine blossom are popular summer ones.
- Change soft furnishings. Swop your cushions, throws and bedding for lighter, summer themed ones.
- Revamp your windows. Consider taking down blinds / nets in smaller windows to let as much lovely sunshine as possible. Change your curtains for lightweight, light coloured panels, or voile or muslin to create an airier summer feel.
Don’t these sound such lovely ideas to bring summer indoors? They are inexpensive, quick and easy and can transform a room or your whole house if you fancy it. Do you dress your home for the seasons? Have you any ideas to bring summer indoors?