How exciting! Our blog is two today! Yes, two years ago today we published our very first blog post. I was fifteen months old, and my biggest sister MeeMee who has her own blog helped Mummy to set it all up, and even designed our first blog header and colours. Thank you MeeMee!
We have had an incredible two years experiencing so much, meeting new people and visiting places we never thought we would have a chance to.
We want to give huge thanks to some very special people:
Zena who Mummy met through blogging. She is now Mummy’s best friend, and they have had quite a few adventures together!
Estafania and Linda from The Royal Son Bou Family Club in Menorca. These lovely ladies welcomed us with open arms last September when we stayed at this amazing hotel on our favourite island ever.
The lovely ladies who help Mummy run and manage her Blog & Social Media Promotion Group on Facebook.
There are dozens of other brilliant bloggers who Mummy loves chatting to, working with and meeting up with. Too many to mention, but they have all made the last two years amazing.
We are hosting a few giveaways this month to celebrate, so make sure you check back!
As part of our Purely Positive series every Monday, we also want to share with you our top tips for being a positive blogger 🙂
- Be nice! Wherever you ‘are’ as a blogger, be nice. Leave nice comments on other blogs, in blog groups, on social media – everywhere! You can voice your opinion, and start, or be part of a debate just be nice!
- Be true to yourself – trust your gut feeling. Everyone is different, and what suits one person may not suit you. Tune into yourself to see if you really do want to do it / say it / review it / take part. If you do, then go for it!
- Be confident. Have an idea? Seen something you would really like to do or try? Then ask! You never know where it may lead, have the confidence to ask. The worst that can happen is they say no!
- Be honest. With yourself and with others. Honest about your statistics, your expectations, what you can offer.
- Be real. Admit what you can and cannot do. Don’t forget your ‘real’ life and family. Remember others usually post their best photos, experiences and adventures, even though it may look like they live in a Pinterest worthy world! You don’t know what is going on ‘behind the scenes!’
So there we are! As we enter our third year of blogging, we hope you will stick around and come with us too.