Mummy says… I love TV at this time of year, so many good dramas are being screened, and many are available as complete box sets from the first episode so I can binge watch to my hearts content! Here are 5 top TV shows I am watching at the moment….
- BBC 1. Killing Eve. Brutal, not for the faint hearted, this drama is exceptional. Enter the world of a female assassin, and enjoy every gruesome minute. Starring Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer (Doctor Foster).
- BBC 1. Press. A great drama about two rival tabloid newspapers and what they will do to get their stories. Starring Charlotte Rily and Ben Chaplin (Apple Tree Yard).
- ITV. Strangers. I am only on Episode 3, but this drama has already had so many twists and turns. A professors wife is killed and he discovers she lead a double life he knew nothing about. Starring John Simm and Emilia Fox (Silent Witness).
- ITV. Butterfly. I have just watched the first episode of this heart warming drama about a transgender 11 year old boy and his family struggles. Starring Alison Steadman and Anna Friel (Marcella).
- Channel 4. The Circle. A brilliant and fascinating reality TV show where 8 people are housed each in their own flats, only communicating with the other 7 via ‘The Circle’ a social media channel. They can be whoever they want to be. My teens loved it, as did I.
I highly recommend all of the above, they are TV at its best and will make you both laugh and cry – depending on which one you watch! Now the nights are drawing in, you can snuggle down and watch all these on Catch Up TV via the BBC 1 iPlayer, ITV Hub and All4 apps.
Have you seen any of these? Have you any others you can recommend?
I would love some more top TV shows to watch!