They are here! The summer holidays, six weeks of fun, sun and happy family times. Well, we can only hope for sun! Mummy wants to spend as much time as she can with us, so has been thinking about some ways to save time. We just know you are itching to see our ideas!
All Mummy’s want to spend as much time with their children as they can, and we know that lots of Mummy’s work – either from home, as my Mummy does, or they go out to work. That means that every minute counts, so here are our five ways to save time.
- Prepare. Mummy has a bag by the front door, and pops in the next days essentials as she passes. Any drinks, snacks, spare clothes, sun cream etc. There is also a little bag with some of my favourite toys, crayons and drawing pad in. The theory is to stop Mummy tearing around in the morning trying to find stuff to keep me happy whilst we are out!
- In the same way, Mummy keeps a bag in the car with towels, swimsuits, spare clothes for me, buckets and spades as our weather is so mixed, it means if the sun says hello and we have already left home, we can head to the beach without an extra journey. Wet weather stuff, raincoats and umbrellas too so wet weather won’t stop play!
- Mummy has the dreaded phone calls all grown ups have to make – insurance, broadband, bank and they all can keep you waiting for sooooo long. There are ways to get straight to the Customer Service department, saving time, tempers and money too. No more trawling through the options, and still ending up with the wrong person!
- Be mindful. Mummy says ‘focus on what you are doing, live it, feel it, be fully present and aware of each moment. It really works to make time seem longer. Forget about what you feel you should / could be doing. By focusing on each moment it really feels as though you have had more time in the day’.
- Make a list, on your phone. Just a simple list of what you need to remember, pick up, post etc. If you are like Mummy you will have your phone with you at all times. Mummy has found that just a simple list works best rather than a fancy app.
Do you have any other ways to save time? We hope you have a wonderful summer holiday, and enjoy every minute!