You may remember we went to London in May, and stayed at the beautiful Royal Garden Hotel, Kensington, London. You can read all about what our suite was like here.
You may be visiting London this winter to go to the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland, or to do some Christmas shopping, and looking for somewhere special to stay.
We highly recommend The Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington. Here’s why:
1. Brilliant location next to Kensington Palace and Gardens, near Hyde Park, and a few minutes walk from Kensington Tube Station. The West End and major attractions are just ten minutes away, The Natural History Museum is within easy walking distance.
2. Secure car parking on site – Be warned though there is quite a low height restriction, you will not get in with a roof box on your car 😉
3. The most luxurious hotel, but such friendly welcoming staff.
3. Children are not only catered for, they are welcomed with open arms! We had welcome packs with child friendly maps of Kensington, were offered scooters to take into the park and there are always organised activities available – check the website for up to date info.
4. The food is seriously delicious. It was a total treat for us to dine here.
5. There are usually special offers available, make sure you visit the website for the latest ones.
The Royal Garden Hotel is 5* and if we are honest, we were a bit apprehensive of staying somewhere so ‘posh!’ We needn’t have worried though, we were made to feel so welcome, and treated so well – the staff loved the children.
There are several places to eat, we had dinner and breakfast in the Park Terrace restaurant. The food was amazing. There is a children’s menu too. There is also Min Jiang – an authentic Chinese restaurant on the tenth floor of the hotel, we didn’t have time to visit unfortunately.
If you are not staying at the hotel, you could still treat yourself to afternoon tea, with a children’s option, and a special Christmas one available from 1-24 December.
You can relax in Bertie’s Bar too where you can enjoy a coffee or something stronger with some nibbles.
Have you ever stayed here?