We went to Menorca last year, it was my first holiday abroad, but Mummy and the others have been twice before. It is the most beautiful Island, and I wish we were going again this year!
If you are thinking of a Summer Holiday, you should consider Menorca, or the following reasons….
1. It is only around a two hour flight from the UK.
2. From May to September (generally speaking) it is wall to wall sunshine.
3. There are many planning restrictions and conservation programmes in place meaning the natural beauty of the island will be preserved.
4. The Island takes only about an hour to drive from one end to the other (Mahon to Ciutadella).
5. The locals LOVE children, making us feel very welcome at all restaurants, shops etc
6. It is the safest, most child-friendly place Mummy has ever visited. No drunken groups, or trouble after dark.
7. It is a wealth of natural history, with so many historic sights to visit – even my big bro and sisters loved them.
8. There is every type of accomdation on offer, from villas to traditional spanish apartment, to all inclusive hotels.
9. It is one of the better value islands to visit, both in the cost of the holiday, and in groceries etc. There were many things cheaper than at home!
10. Eating out is so reasonable, making it a real treat. Most restaurants have a huge menu of everything from pasta to pizza to fresh fish.
Have you ever been to Menorca?
Linking up to #TheList with YouBabyMeMummy