Now Christmas is over, all I can hear Mummy saying is how she needs to save as much money as possible, and get the best bargains that she can. It costs a lot of money to raise the four of us! One of Mummy’s New Year Resolutions is to shop better!
Here are some top tips from Mummy:
1. Check your local newspaper for money saving offers for local shops. They can be easier to buy from – and cheaper – than the Internet.
2. Make sure you have a peep at the leaflets that arrive through your letterbox – they can have discount vouchers and special offers.
3. Sign up to on-line voucher sites.
4. Shop around, making a note of prices for the best deals, especially with supermarkets.
5. It is worth asking if there is any discount available, or incentive such as free delivery, especially when buying a larger item. There is so much competition between shops, if you don’t ask, you don’t know!
6. If looking to buy a holiday, try every option – local travel agents, national ones, and on line. When you find the best offer, ask the others if they can beat it!
7. If you have the room (and the money) buy in bulk, and use Buy One get one Free offers.
8. Watch TV shows such as Extreme Couponing and SuperScrimpers for inspiration! It is amazing what they do and save!
9. Sell your unwanted presents on Ebay – there are Free Listings until 6 January!
10. Look in the sales for presents for upcoming birthdays – or even next Christmas! (Check any Use By Dates though!)
What are your money saving tips?