Pickle says….As you know by now, we LOVE travelling, and always get so excited thinking of our next adventure. One thing that Mummy is not so keen on is packing. Having done it for 20 years now (Yes, 20 with children) Mummy is a bit of an expert, and has some top tips for packing your child’s hand luggage.
We have teamed up with Holiday Gems to give you our top tips, and we are giving away a Trunki too!
- Get each child to carry their own bag – making sure it is not too big or heavy for them to carry. If your child is too small, invest in something fab and fun like a Trunki – you can win one in our fantastic competition below Rucksacks are perfect as they keep little hands free.
- Pack each child’s essentials – favourite blanky, toy, dummy etc.
- Pack their favourite drink in each bag – in a leak proof bottle / cup, checking the fluid restrictions of the airline if you are flying. Also pack their favourite treats and snacks. You may need to check any restrictions on fruit if you are travelling abroad. Avoid chocolate and hard-to-open packets! Each child can then reach their own supplies when they want to.
- Pack some new treats for bored, tired, grumpy moments. A few small things are perfect such as new colouring books, a small favourite character toy, try and not get anything that involves a frazzled Mumma having to put it together – unless they can do it themselves.
- Have a communal bag for baby wipes, nappies if needed, spare sets of clothes. Empty zip lock bags or nappy bags are great for popping used wipes and bits and bobs of rubbish in.
We have a fantastic Terence Trunki worth almost £35 to give away to one lucky reader! All you have to do is answer the question below, what are your top tips for packing your child’s hand luggage?
The competition runs until midnight on 18 July, and you can come back every day to gain more entries if you want to.