We have been using My Toosh Bamboo Toothbrushes for a few weeks now and absolutely love them…
With it being Plastic Free July, I have spent quite some time looking at the Hashtag on Instagram which has inspired me to make as many changes as we can as a family to reduce our single plastic usage.
It is said that is good to recycle, better to reuse but best of all is to reduce the amount of single use plastic items in the first place.
Every single plastic toothbrush ever made is still out there – they never break down. It was an easy decision to make to switch to a bamboo toothbrush, and even better that My Toosh is based in Pembrokeshire!
One thing we all use, every day is a toothbrush. This is one change that everyone can make. Switching to a bamboo toothbrush is easy My Toosh even offer a subscription service so that you don’t need to worry about remembering to change your brush.
Bamboo absorbs more carbon dioxide from the air than trees, & releases more oxygen. It requires very little water & no chemicals to grow & is naturally regenerative.
It is naturally anti-bacterial, ensuring that bacterial growth is extremely limited.
Why My Toosh?
My Toosh toothbrushes and packaging are all recyclable and compostable. They are:
- Ergonomically designed, eco-friendly bamboo handle
- Colour coded handles and bristles
- Available in five colours – Black, White, Yellow, Pink, Blue
- Available in two sizes, adults and kids
- Adult’s toothbrushes have medium bristles
- Kid’s toothbrushes have soft bristles
- Subscribe to have your toothbrush delivered every 1, 2 or 3 months. If you don’t want to subscribe, you can simply purchase one toothbrush.
- 10p from each toothbrush sold goes to Surfers Against Sewage, a grassroots movement tackling plastic pollution and protecting the UK’s coastlines for all to enjoy safely and sustainably.
Make just one change today and go bamboo! Full details and prices etc are on the My Toosh website
Surfers Against Sewage have launched the Plastic Free Awards and we have nominated My Toosh!
“The Plastic Free Awards will be the coolest environmental awards of 2019. The awards will recognise champions from all walks of life including young campaigners, community leaders, small businesses, charities, designers, entrepreneurs, sports clubs and schools, with a shared mission of stopping plastic pollution.” Nominations are open until 27 September. You can nominate on the website.