Pickle says…We love Christmas Markets, they are such a fantastic way to get all festive and Christmassy. Most markets have already started – or will be any day. Here are our top Christmas Markets in 2018…
1. Bristol’s German Christmas Market. Friday 9 November until 23 December 2018. This year there are 50 unique stalls, entertainment, Santa and reindeer visits in December. You can enjoy heated seating, and live music from Thursdays to Sundays in our Jäger Barn Bar, a Bavarian alpine bar, serving festive Christmas drinks, including German Gluehwein, warming mulled cider and luxury hot chocolates with Baileys. We recommend Portway Park and Ride to get you easily get into the city.
2. Bath Christmas Market. 22 November – 9 December. This year there are 180 chalets, spread through the streets. Stalls include Christmas decorations, handcrafted jewellery and delicious foods such as burgers, a hog roast, caramelised nuts and mulled wine.
3. Cardiff Christmas Market. 15 November – 23 December. The market covers St John Street, Working Street, Hills Street, Trinity Street and the Hayes. Catching the train into Cardiff Central is a great travel choice as the station is a few minutes walk away from the city centre. Offering an alternative shopping experience with stalls selling unique handmade products, ideal for gifts.
4. Birmingham Frankfurt Christmas Market. 15 November to 23 December, filling New Street and Victoria Square. The market’s bandstand will host performances every day from local acts and choirs on Saturdays and Sundays, and the annual Family Day on Sunday 9 December, when stall holders offer one-day discounts.
5. York Christmas Market. 5 November to 23 December. Magical market stalls in traditional chalets covered with twinkling lights offering mulled wine, treats and the new Yorkshire Barn for a taste of local food. Don’t miss the Made in Yorkshire Yuletide Village for a unique shopping experience.
Will you be visiting any UK Christmas Markets in 2018? We would love to know which ones you have visited in past years.