Mummy says… The weather is very changeable at the moment, but it is going to get colder pretty soon, and the days will get much shorter. I have some top tips to help get your body ready for winter to help avoid the bugs and colds….
- Make sure you wash your hands every time you go to the loo and after you leave the toilets use antibacterial gel too. Many people still don’t wash their hands (uurrgghhhh!) and leave germs on the door handle.
- Be extra vigilant if you are visiting someone in a hospital or nursing home.
- Boost your Vitamin C intake with fresh orange juice – strawberries, kiwi fruit and broccoli are also high in Vitamin C.
- If you feel your diet is lacking, take some Multi Vitamins.
- Get as much natural sunlight as you can – go outside on sunny days or open your blinds and windows.
- Increase your intake of natural antioxidants such as mushrooms, kiwi fruit, pumpkin seeds garlic and yoghurt.
- If you start sneezing, use tissues rather than a handkerchief and always put them in the bin immediately.
- Herbal help such as taking Echinacea can help to boost your immune system.
- Drink plenty to flush out toxins.
- Make sure you get enough sleep.
It is pretty impossible to completely avoid getting a cold, but if you get your body ready for winter with these tips you are doing as much as you can to boost your immunity and be stronger to fight it off quickly.
Encourage your children wash their hands as often as possible, boost their intake of fresh fruit and vegetables and think about a multi vitamin boost if need be too. Get them outside in the sunshine and fresh air and make sure they get a good nights sleep.
I hope you have a healthy winter – do you have any tips to share?