Mummy says… I am so lucky in that I have some amazing friends, some I have had for years, others are fairly new since I have started the whole ‘school gate brigade’ with Pickle….
I have learnt some important lessons over the years, and really value the true friends I have. I hate seeing any of my friends upset, and really try to be there for them. Recently, one of my dearest friends had a horrific experience at the dentist with a tooth extraction that went wrong and she was really down, in a lot of pain, and she felt generally rubbish. Being a single mum with two young children added to her load too. I did what I could to help her, and I thought I would share with you my 5 top ways to cheer up your best friend:
- Offer to take the children to school – she can at least have a little R&R and go back to bed if need be. At the very least she won’t have to get dressed!
- Ask if she needs any help with essential errands such as getting some shopping etc.
- Offer to pick her up and go for a walk and a coffee. Fresh air and caffeine can work wonders!
- Go round when the kids are in bed with her favourite drink, snacks and a great chic flick.
- If your bestie lives away, you can send her a Happy Hamper with a reputable courier service, include some uplifting essential oil bath salts or candle, a card to let her know you care, and maybe a good book or magazine and of course, some chocolate.
What ideas would you add to this list of ways to cheer up your best friend? I would also love to hear about what you would really appreciate a friend doing for you to cheer you up.