Pickle says… You might be lucky enough to be visiting the fantastic Bluestone Wales this year, I have visited several times and live literally ten minutes away! I get asked a lot of questions by people who are visiting and thought I would share some useful info for Bluestone Wales. You can find out all about the park, accommodation, activities, eating in the park etc on their website….
Useful Info for Bluestone Wales:
Carmarthen is a 35-40 minute drive away. It is our nearest big shopping centre with nationals such as Matalan, Debenhams, Marks & Spencer and eateries such as Pizza Express, Domino’s, McDonalds, Subway.
Narberth is 10-15 minute drive away. A quaint Welsh market town with gorgeous independent shops, restaurants and coffee shops.
Pembroke Dock is 25 minute drive away. There is a large Tesco, Argos Extra, Asda and Wilkinsons as well as B&M Bargains and McDonalds.
Haverfordwest is about a 20 minute drive away. A pretty town with a waterside shopping arcade and out of town Debenhams, Next, TK Maxx and Marks and Spencers. Town is a mix of nationals and independent stores and cafes.
Tenby is roughly a 30 minute drive away. The beautiful beaches and harbour are worth a visit. Park and Ride runs in the summer months, and in the school summer holidays the town streets are traffic free!
Saundersfoot is a 20-25 minute drive away. A seaside village with wide family friendly beach and pretty harbour.
1. The nearest main beach is Saundersfoot or Tenby. Neither have wet weather activities, so choose a sunny – or at least dry day for your visit.
2. The nearest supermarkets are in Haverfordwest – Tesco, Morrisons, Aldi and Lidl. There is a small one at Bluestone, but the choice is limited, and it is pricier (as you would expect).
3. Entry to your accommodation is 4.30pm not a second before can you get through the barrier! You can arrive from 11.30am and head to the Adventure Centrefor drinks, snacks and a great play area.
5. Oakwood Theme Park is literally just next door.
6. The nearest train station is Haverfordwest or Narberth.
8. The nearest cinema is The Palace Cinema in Haverfordwest.
9. If you are driving through Carmarthen, do a food shop in the Tesco Extra, or Morrisons – both avoid you driving into the town centre.
10. The nearest takeaway Indian and Chinese are in Haverfordwest or Narberth.
Pembrokeshire has no…
Harvester or Beefeater pubs
One Sainsburys in Tenby
One M&S in Haverfordwest
Just in case you are wondering!
Have you visited Bluestone Wales? Have you any info to add, please pop in the comments below…