Mummy says…. There are some very special milestones in your life that you will remember forever, and if you are like me you love having a little something to celebrate a moment you will never forget….
One of the loveliest ways to remember a special occasion is with a piece of jewellery, what girl (or guy!) does not love jewellery? Here are some milestones to commemorate and ideas of how to remember them:
- Big birthdays – including being double figures, 1o, becoming a teenager 13, turning 16, 18 and 21. A personalised pendant is a lovely gift. Then of course turning 30, 40 etc. An engraved watch is ideal to commemorate these birthdays.
- Getting engaged, for a moment you’ll never forget you choose the most wonderful, personal ring possible. Your guy can choose one too, it isn’t just about us girls!
- Wedding rings – to seal the most special partnership of all. These are often matching and can be engraved with your names and date.
- The birth of your children. I have a personalised ring with my children’s names engraved on, and a silver pendant with Pickle’s index finger print from when he was 13 months old. I chose a diamond solitaire to remember Luke’s birth, as he was my first boy, and a trilogy diamond ring to celebrate having three children (Pickle was not even a twinkle then!).
- Another way I have been collecting jewellery to remember special milestones is my charm bracelet which my lovely mum bought me when Pickle was 1. I have charms for Mother’s Day, special holidays, Pickle’s birth, and many more.
Other occasions you may want to remember are Wedding Anniversaries, Baby’s First Birthday etc.
Other ways I have remembered special milestones are mugs, special glasses, canvas prints, ornaments and teddy bears as well as a photo on a personalised photo frame.
What special milestones will you never forget, and how do you remember them?