Mummy says….There are many times that require something a bit different, something to wear that makes you feel like a Princess. With two older daughters, we have had plenty of occasions to celebrate and I have some top tips to find a special dress for any occasion. Perfect too, if you have a Christmas Ball or Prom coming up.
My eldest was 21 in July – that was a big celebration in itself and she graduated from Uni too. My other daughter is 18 in December.
Over the years they have each had their school prom and they were bridesmaids for my sisters wedding 11 years ago.
Of course when they were very young I used to love buying them pretty dresses – before they were old enough to refuse to wear them!
So, here are my top tips to find a special dress – of course it could be for you instead, if you have a big birthday or a special holiday such as a cruise coming up.
- Set a budget, however small and stick to it. Allow for the accessories in your budget too.
- If you struggle to find exactly what you are looking for, you could consider having it made. The beauty of this is that you can shop for luxury fabric and choose the perfect design.
- Choose the accessories to either contrast or match. Don’t forget jewellery, shoes and what will be worn with the dress especially if the special occasion is in the cooler months.
- Think about the hairstyle – long hair or short, up or down, will clips or any other hair accessories be worn?
- Underwear- the colour and fit. What straps might show, or if the dress is very fitted or made of a sheer fabric you may need to think about the colour and style of underwear.
PIN FOR LATER
I hope these tips to find a special dress help you, if you are looking for yourself or your daughter. Have you any to add?
Good Luck, and have a wonderful time!