Pickle says… I recently went to my second Camp Bestival, and whilst the weather couldn’t have been more different from last year, everything else was just as awesome, if not more so! Camp Bestival is held every summer in Lulworth Castle, Dorset which is a gorgeous setting. There is SO much to share with you, so I thought I would start with explaining to you why Camp Bestival is ace for kids…
- The entertainment. I mean, Mister Maker, Mr Tumble, Dick and Dom and soooo much family friendly music to watch, listen and dance too. Who could ask for more? With several stages and many different tents and areas playing different types of music, it was great to just wander around and soak up the vibes! We caught a couple of awesome family shows in The Biggest Tent on Earth too.
- The crafts. I particularly loved the CBeebies tent and The Family Traveller one, where I made masks and designed and coloured my own T Shirt. There were loads of other craft sessions all over the festival too for children of all ages.
- The camping atmosphere. We were in general camping, and whilst packed in like sardines, the atmosphere was great. Everyone was so friendly and we felt really safe. The highlight (as last year) was ‘Bogies!’ being shouted literally all night on the Saturday! Just when it went quiet, some proud dad would shout it out, starting it all up again! It was hysterical! (Even Mummy may have joined in, and I definitely did!)
- The child friendly food. There was everything I could have wanted, from chunky chips with amazing sauces, freshly made pizza, toasties, mac and cheese and so much more. There was also a HUGE range of different foods for Mummy and the others.
- Lizzies Way a whole special area in the woods dedicated to little ones with a fantastic mud kitchen and so much more. I didn’t make it this year, but friends told me that it was brilliant again.
Pin me for Later
We are already looking ahead to Camp Bestival 2018 and if you are wanting to go, Early Bird Tickets are now on sale. Pop over to the Camp Bestival website to get yours now. You can see why Camp Bestival is ace for kids can’t you? Look out for our other posts sharing why it also great for teens and grown ups too!
Have you been to Camp Bestival, or any other festivals?
We were gifted our weekend entry tickets to Camp Bestival in exchange for our honest review. All food, drink and paid for activities were not included.