Ooooh it is November already! Although the weather in Pembrokeshire is still quite warm really, it is certainly going to get much colder very soon. We love our warm little home, and cosy nights indoors all snuggled up. We would like to share with you some tips to get your home ready for winter.
Together with Quickslide we have some great ideas to make sure you are ready for winter:
- Renew your windows. So much heat is lost through draughty windows and doors. It can be more affordable than you think, and will save you money in the long run. We had new ones fitted a few years ago and the difference is unbelievable.
- Check what insulation your home has (if any). There are lots of different options available.
- Little changes can make your living room more cosy. We swop our cushions for tactile velvet or chenille in rich winter colours. We also add a snuggly throw or two to wrap up in, especially for movie nights.
- Warm up laminate or wooden flooring with a super soft rug.
- Make bedtime warm and snuggly – we never have the heating on during the night, but an electric blanket or hot water bottle in our beds half an hour before we go is very welcoming!
We do love Winter, having a warm, cosy home makes all the difference. Make sure you have any gas fires and boilers checked and serviced too, they should be checked every year. You might not have used them for a while.
We hope our tips to get you ready for winter help – can you add any other tips?
This is a collaborative post.