We are very excited to be sharing with you our Kwik Fit Nostalgia Lane Memory – if you do too, you could win a £150 Amazon Voucher! Mummy says….’As a child I had many road trips with my parents, as we lived near Manchester and had a holiday caravan in Pembrokeshire. I made this journey from being very young, and still make it today as most of my family remains up North.
My parents moved to Pembrokeshire when I was five years old, and the road trip was made in reverse at least once a year to visit my grandparents.
The route my dad always took was through mid Wales, never the motorway, only at the very beginning or end of our journey, depending which direction we were travelling.
I have travelled this journey for over forty years, as a child, a teen, a woman, a wife, and a mum. I have travelled it during the night, and in the day. In scorching sunshine, torrential rain and snow. It is the first journey I made outside of my home area when I passed my driving test.
It is a stunning drive, the highlight being driving through the mountains in mid Wales. Most of the rest of the way is beautiful too, especially between Builth Wells and Carmarthen. There is another region of mountains here, and the road is narrower and very windy. There is a huge bend right in the middle and a big lay by with stunning views. This is known as the Potty Stop – passed down from my parents, to me, to my children! Yep, it is where, as a tot, my parents would stop every time for me to use my potty!
I first began this journey with my parents bringing along sandwiches and a flask of tea, and we would wind our way through every town centre. I remember it was a real treat to stop at The Little Chef at Builth Wells! I have seen bypasses pop up, along with more and more restaurants and supermarkets. I actually told my daughters that I was pregnant with my eldest son in a Morrisons on the way! (I have no idea why, but I did!) Now, we have our pick of where to stop, and where to eat. The journey is quicker but just as beautiful.
Every time I make this journey, a hundred memories are relived. And I suspect they will for my children too.
So, what is your Kwik Fit Nostalgia Lane Memory? Pop over to the Kwik Fit website to enter, and you could win one of two £150 Amazon Vouchers.
Nostalgia Lane Competition Terms & Conditions
1.These Terms and Conditions apply to the prize draw that is being run by the Promoter from 7th September 2016 to 17th October 2016 (the “Competition”).
2. The Competition is open to UK residents.
3. Entrants must be at least 17 years old and entry is limited to one entry per person per draw. An entrant is defined as an individual person. Entries on behalf of another person are not permitted. Multiple entries will be excluded from each prize draw and will be deemed ineligible to win a prize.
4. No purchase is necessary.
5. To participate in the prize draw, entrants must upload a nostalgic road trip story along with supporting image. Each entrant will also be required to provide their full name and email address including further information (“Personal Information”) where prompted to do.Entrants who do not supply the Personal Information, or if the Promoter has reason to believe that any of the Personal Information supplied is incorrect or falsified, will not be entered into the Competition. Any pictures which are deemed, at Kwik Fit Insurance Service’s sole discretion, to be offensive, indecent or unfit for publication will not be entered into the Competition.
6. Any entries received by the Promoter after the prize draw has closed will not be included in that prize draw.
7. Two winners will be selected at random (each being a “Winner”) and notified via the email address provided by the entrant on the same day, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter, that the prize draw closes (the “Announcement”). If Prizes are unclaimed within 72 hours ofa winner being notified the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate or redraw the prize.
8. Each Winner will be entitled to 1 x Amazon Voucher worth £150 (the “Prize”). The Prizes will be sent to the Winners within 7 working days of the Announcement andwill be delivered by electronic voucher code to the email address provided by the entrant.
9. The Prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative is available. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equivalent or greater value if for reasons beyond its control aPrize is not available. The Promoter’s decision on the alternative prize is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Each Prize is subject to the voucher provider’s individual terms and conditions. Further details can be obtained on request.
11. Kwik Fit Insurance Services will treat the Winners’ contact details as private (except to share it with its PR agency). Kwik Fit Insurance Services and its PR agency will keep contact details secure but reserves the right to use the Winners’ names in future publicity or promotional material connected with the Competition including but not limited to features on the Promoter’s website www.kwik-fitinsurance.co.uk and also on social media and by entering the Competition you consent to such usage.
12. In the event that these Terms and Conditions are amended prior to the conclusion of the Competition this will be communicated via email by Kwik Fit Insurance Services.
13.Persons involved in arranging the prize draw and employees of the Promoter are not eligible for entry into the prize draw.
14. Kwik Fit Insurance Services cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any Prize. Kwik Fit Insurance Services is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Kwik Fit Insurance Services’ liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
15.The Competition will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
The Promoter is Kwik Fit Insurance Services, a trading name of Ageas Retail Limited.
Registered office: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA. Registered in England and Wales with company number 1324965