Our #BostikBlogger box of craft goodies this month was all about going back to school. I started Nursery school for two hours a day in January, and in September I move to mornings for three hours a day.
Mummy decided to make a fun game for me to play with her after our second camping holiday of the summer holidays. It looks great fun, and I can’t wait to play it. Mummy wants to get my little mind ready to go back to school, with some simple games with colours, numbers, letters and shapes.
Mummy took a load of foam shapes, numbers and letters in different colours, and put them with different coloured beads.
She popped them into a shaker pot – you could use a plastic cup.
There are lots of ways I can then play.
- Mummy shakes out one item, and I name the colour, or shape, or number or letter.
- Tip out all of the items, and I have to put them together in groups by colour or shape.
- Mummy lays all the foam pieces out and asks me to find a certain one – for example the green triangle.
- Mummy can lay out the numbers 1 – 9, counting them with me.
- Mummy can spell out simple words with the letters, and ask me to have a go too.
- With different colour beads, we can look at more unusual colours such as purple or turquoise, and also colours like light blue and dark blue.
Simple games like this, which are fun, bright and cheerful, help keep me interested whilst learning too!
Do you have any other ideas for games like this?
As a #BostikBlogger with Tots 100 I was sent a box of craft supplies for this post.