Mummy says…’We all love CLEUDO don’t we, it is one of the most famous of board games and is played over the world. Well, it is with great sadness that I have to tell you that we have said goodbye to Mrs White, she has been bumped off by one of the other guests!
The beloved board game is now on sale with the new line up, where a mysterious Dr Orchid joins the team. So now we see Dr. Orchid, Professor Plum, Colonel Mustard, Miss Scarlet and Mrs. Peacock.
This is the first time since the CLUEDO game launched in 1949 that one of the original six characters has been axed, and the first new character that has been introduced into the standard edition.
Professor Plum, who was a guest at Tudor Manor when Mrs. White was found dead, said: “She carried the secrets of this house and of the people in it. There’s probably a million reasons any one of us would want her dead…well, no, not me, of course, not me.”
“We’ve been having dinner parties for nearly seventy years and something like this always crops up.” added Colonel Mustard.
New suspect Dr. Orchid is a biologist with a PhD in plant toxicology, privately schooled in Switzerland until her expulsion following a near-fatal daffodil poisoning incident. She was then home-schooled by the very woman she would go on to replace, the late housekeeper, Mrs. White.
Orchid decided biology was her future and, while researching for a PhD in plant toxicology, unearthed a plant of incredible medicinal properties; a discovery she wanted to share with no one – especially her adoptive father Dr. Black
The suspicion around Mrs. White’s killer continues with many looking at newcomer Dr. Orchid as the culprit, however there has not been enough evidence to charge her.
Ooooh – what do you think?
CLUEDO Fun Facts:
· The CLUEDO game was launched in 1949
· The original game was invented by Englishman Anthony E. Pratt
· Pratt invented the game during the war to pass the time during lengthy air raid drills
· The CLUEDO name is a combination of the word ‘clue’ and ‘ludo’ – ‘ludo’ being Latin for ‘I play’.
· The game was originally called Murder!
· Despite being invented in the 1940’s, the CLUEDO game is traditionally set in 1926
· The CLUEDO game (called CLUE in some countries) is available in more than 30 countries around the world
· The unlucky victim of each murder is Dr.Black, the host of the dinner party
· The classic weapons in the CLUEDO game are the candlestick, dagger, revolver, lead pipe, wrench and the rope
· The first edition of the game also included an axe, bomb, syringe and poison
· The CLUEDO game contains nine different locations throughout the house – the Kitchen, Ballroom, Conservatory, Billiard Room, Library, Study, Hall, Lounge and Dining Room.
· There are 324 different possibilities of plot for detectives to solve
· GoggleBox’s Josef Koller is a former CLUEDO World Champion
So, although we say goodbye Mrs White, thank goodness CLUEDO looks set to continue for a long time – we had better keep an eye on Dr Orchid though!