We are very lucky to be going to France for the first time at the end of next month, and Mummy is thinking about planning for our summer holiday – it is only five weeks away! I am very excited, I have never been to France, MeeMee has visited on school trips, but Mummy, Lea and Luke have never been either. This is the first of our summer holidays – we have more lined up too!
Mummy has been on a coach holiday to Germany when she was in school, and they drove through France but as it was over 30 years ago, she can’t remember much about it. We will be sharing with you where we are staying and how very are getting there very soon, for now, we are thinking of what we need to get together over the next few weeks.
- Passports – Lea and Luke need their’s renewing and are having their photos taken tonight. As Lea is now 16, she has to have an adult passport which costs a lot more (we don’t think that is very fair, but it will last ten years, a child’s only lasts five).
- European Health Insurance Cards (EHICs)- essential when visiting Europe in case we need emergency health care whilst we are away. Ours are still in date from our holiday last year.
- Swimsuits – thank goodness the shops are starting to stock swimwear and summer stuff. We all need new swimsuits.
- Comfortable footwear. We all need comfy shoes, trainers or sandals as we walk around quite a lot on our holidays. We will start looking this weekend – Mummy knows my feet have grown too!
- Mummy and the others have enough summer clothing from our holiday to Menorca last September – but I will need almost everything as I have grown quite a bit since then.
There are some things we won’t need for the first time too. No nappies, yay! This will be my first holiday abroad where I am out of nappies, meaning more room in our luggage, and more money! On a very sad note, it is the first time since I have been born that we won’t need to ask our neighbour to look after our cats, as we lost our last one last Saturday. Boo.
Have you planned your summer holiday yet?