We love this time of year, and as we start our two week school holiday we would love to share with you five things we love about Easter….
- MeeMee is home 🙂 If you are regular readers you will know that MeeMee is my biggest sister, she is 19 and in Uni in Bristol. We miss her SO much and love it when she is home for the holidays. I haven’t seen her for weeks.
- Spring starts to appear. Which this time of year usually means better weather. Yesterday and the last week or so have been glorious bright sunshine, saying that the forecast for the rest of the weekend is rain but it might miss us! Living in Pembrokeshire means we do have our own micro climate and Easter can be quite a warm time for us.
- Daffodils everywhere! And this year there are more than ever. We love this cheery, sunny little flower and in Wales, especially where we are, there are hundreds along the roadside, in parks, in our villages, everywhere!
- Lambs. Tiny, new, gorgeous lambs. We pass fields and fields of them every day at this time of year. Every year Mummy threatens to ‘borrow’ one. To keep as a pet of course 🙂
- Our sleepy little county starts to come alive as the first proper wave of tourists come to visit us. Shops and attractions re-open, the villages, towns and beaches start to buzz with life. Of course that means the car parks are full, the cafes are full and the council decide to dig up every road in the area – adding dodgy traffic lights too!
The photo above was taken yesterday, Good Friday, in Colby Woodlands, Amroth. It was a warm, bright sunny day and we had a great time all together. We went out for brunch in Saundersfoot then on one of our favourite walks:
We hope you are having a wonderful Easter Weekend – Happy Easter, we hope the Easter Bunny visits you!