The internet is full of ideas of things to buy for Christmas. Everywhere you look it is gift guides for him, for her, for the children. Lots of stuff to buy, costing lots of money which you don’t really have, to make everyone happy at Christmas. Are you fed up with it all? Does it all feel a bit too much? Well, have a look at our five fab real gifts for Christmas…
1. The gift of listening. Listen. Really listen. To your children, your partner and other loved ones in your life. Stop and focus completely on what is being said to you. Show them you are listening.
2. Following on from number one – the gift of presence. BE present in the moment. BE with whoever you are with. Focus only on what you are doing, using all your senses. You will remember more of the moment, and feel enriched.
3. The gift of positivity. Try saying only positive things throughout the day. Stop if you feel a negative comment brewing. Give compliments, point out the positives to other people.
4. The gift of self confidence. Praise your children, (or other loved ones) tell them how proud you are of them. Talk about their achievements of the year – and remember points one and two when doing so!
5. The gift of time together. Spend time together BEING together. Turn off all phones, iPads, laptops and the TV. Play games together, talk to each other, applying all the points above.
All these fab five real gifts for Christmas are free, but will create priceless memories for you and your loved ones.
Do you have any to add?