We have been having a brilliant weekend at the Camping and Caravanning Club site, Kingsbury Water Park near Sutton Coldfield.
We have never camped before, and shared with you last week some great tips from other bloggers.
The Camping and Caravanning Club have brilliant guides on their website if you are new to camping or caravanning as we are.
We will be writing a full review on the site very soon, but just wanted to share some info with you, in case you are thinking of camping this summer.
This is a great list suggested by the Club, to give you an idea of what you might need:
- Portable Grill, Stove or BBQ
- Cooking and Eating Utensils
- Sharp kitchen knife
- Plates, Cups and Bowls
- Tin Opener
- Tables and Chairs
- Cool box or Electric Cool Box
- Food – basics to get you started i.e. tea, coffee, milk, soft drinks, large bottle of water, snacks for the kids
- Bin Bags
- Foil for Lining Cookware and Wrapping Food
- Beverage Jugs or Water Carriers filled with Drinking Water
- Washing up bowl, tea towels, washing up liquid and cloth
- Kitchen Roll
Sleeping And Comfort
- Air Beds and sleeping mats
- Sleeping Bags, duvet, pillows and blankets
- Tent Lights
- Tent, tent ground sheet and tent carpet
- Lights and torches
- Electric hook-up lead
- First Aid Kit
- Layered clothing
- Rain gear
- Digital Camera with Extra Batteries
- Cards and Games
- Kids teddies and toys
We would like to add that although it is July, it has rained most of the time and been quite cold! We are still having lots of fun, but if the forecast isn’t good when you plan to camp, make sure you pack layers of night wear including socks, and something quick and easy for your feet such as flip flops or crocs. Don’t allow any shoes within the tent itself, to keep the tent carpet clean and dry.
Pack two small sets of toiletries i.e. toothpaste, soap, shampoo, one for the boys and one for the girls of the family. Guaranteed you will want to use the shower / washroom at the same time.
Have you anything to add?