As you may know we are spending most of this half term in London.
We are currently at The Royal Garden Hotel – we will be reviewing separately this fantastic hotel. It is in Kensington High Street, and is absolutely incredible.
Anyway, Mummy has some top tips that we have learnt so far if you are travelling to London yourself.
1. Fill up with fuel before you go. We stopped at Sarn Park Sainsburys, near Bridgend and topped up, (the last place for us in West Wales that has good priced fuel before the Motorway Services, without heading miles off the M4) as the services fuel is so expensive,
2. Use your AA card for 20% discount at Moto services, including WHSmiths, Burger King and Costa. Mummy bought a London map and had discount 🙂
3. Take bottle drinks and snacks with you for your journey, buying at the supermarket before you go.
4. Book your rooms as far in advance as you can. Motorway service Travelodges are a good buy, they’re cheaper, and are great for overnight stay to break the journey.
5. Join the AA and book Travelodge rooms through TopCashBack for a little extra cash back.
6. Use a DVD player. I used Mummy’s car DVD player for the first time (Mummy managed to find it, yay!) It kept me quiet for a good while!
7. After trying Sat Navs, Google Maps, and a big proper map, Mummy used Maps, already on her iPhone, with Lea guiding her. She plugged it into her car stereo so she could hear the directions, and we arrived with NO wrong turns, and NO getting lost! Driving into Kensington was easy!
Look out for our other posts coming up about other tips we discover, where we stayed, and what we did 🙂