You may or may not know that we have not one, not two, but THREE sponsors for Britmums Live 2015. We are so lucky, and so thrilled that these amazing businesses have chosen to sponsor and support us.
So, if you are going to Britmums Live, have you secured a sponsor yet? If not, don’t worry, there is plenty of time yet. Would you like to know our top tips on finding a sponsor?
1. Work out how much sponsorship you need. Mummy wanted to cover her travel, room, and the ticket price. If she could secure enough to cover food and drink whilst she was there, even better! Some bloggers are staying for two nights, but Mummy has to get back to me 🙂
2. Work out what you are happy to offer your sponsor. This could include:
- A badge on your blog linking to your sponsor – and how long you will keep it there for. A popular choice is 250 x 250 on your blog sidebar so it appears on every page. Your sponsor may have one already
- Blog posts. How many, how often you will post, what will be included in the posts
- What you will do on the days of the event i.e. wear a TShirt, take business cards
- How you will cover the event, i.e via Twitter, Instagram etc
- Any regular Tweets, Shout-Outs etc that you will do, i.e #FF (Follow Friday) on Twitter
3. Get together all your social media statistics, what channels you use, how many followers / subscribers / likes etc that you have.
4. If you have any relationship with any business, ask them! It was as simple as that for us. Mummy put together an email with all the above info in, and contacted different businesses. Some were too big, and didn’t want to commit to just one blogger, some were too small, and had no budget.
5. Consider breaking down your sponsorship into two or three smaller amounts – that is how we secured ours. Adjust what you can offer each one, according to how much sponsorship they can offer. For example, you can wear a different TShirt to Day 1 and Day 2, but you can’t really wear three!
6. Don’t give up. One of ours said in the beginning that they were unable to sponsor us, but a month later, offered us part sponsorship. If a business cannot offer full sponsorship, let them know that you are willing to accept part sponsorship, and even monthly payments, if it helps their budget.
7. Look out for any business that starts following you on social media, and follow them back (if you are not already). Start interacting with them.
8. Keep going! Keep asking! We think it is OK to ask once, 99% of businesses will let you know if they can’t or are unable to. Move on to the next one!
9. You can put a badge on your blog asking for sponsorship, or add it to the bottom of each post.
10. You can add an email signature saying you are looking for sponsorship.
We hope that these tips help you, and that you find a sponsors(s). And Mummy looks forward to seeing you at Britmums Live!