Mummy says…. I have been dabbling in the very peculiar world of online dating for a little while now, trying out various apps and websites, and I have 5 top tips for online dating to share with you….
These are general tips, regardless of what apps or sites you use. I will be sharing more posts about specific apps and sites in the coming weeks and months. These are tips for someone who is actually looking to date, and eventually, if the fates allow, begin a relationship. The tips are more for the free sites, rather than the paid ones that require lots of specific info from you.
The apps I have used are:
- Plenty of Fish (POF)
These all allow you to post your profile, send and receive messages and view others free of charge.
- Take the best photos of yourself possible. Good lighting, clear backdrop, and at least one of your face and one full length. Always, always use recent pics.
- Be honest. About your age, your height / weight, your marital status.
- Never put your telephone number or exact location on your profile.
- Keep your bio / profile light – state any absolute requirements that are essential to you – my two absolutes are height (Over 5’10”) and a non smoker. This should help avoid awkward questions!
- Remember the app may use distance ‘as the crow flies’. I am on the West Wales coast and get a lot of suggestions / matches from Devon and Cornwall!
If you too are in, or about to join the wonderful world of online dating I hope you are having some success and lots of fun meeting new people. I hope you find my 5 Top Tips for Online Dating useful. What apps or sites have you tried?