Mummy says… Today, 8 March, is International Women’s Day and I want to share with you the most important women in my life, who have helped me become who I am today. Maybe you could think about which women have influenced you and share with me….
- My mum. The woman who gave me life, who is there for me every second of every day and whom I love dearly. I would not be here without her.
- My daughters, Mimi and Lea. To have given life to these two incredible young women makes me thankful every single day. I am honoured and blessed to be their mum.
- My Nan (Edith). The sassiest, strongest woman I know who is still defying all odds at 97 years of age.
- My other Nan (Kathleen) although she died 16 years ago when I was pregnant with Luke, she told me the last time I saw her that I was carrying a boy. I feel her around me a lot. She was one awesome woman, the sweetest lady who was slightly batty and I loved her for it.
- My sister. We are polar opposites but I love her dearly and we share the same crazy sense of humour. I don’t get to see her enough.
- Granny Jane. A dear friend whom I have known for I guess around ten years. She is like a mother to me, and another strong, incredibly inspirational woman to me.
- My friends. I am so lucky to have made a group of amazing friends since Pickle started school. There are four of us who are single and meet up with and without the children. Single mums rock!
- I have tried to think of famous strong women who have influenced me during my life, but the most influence has come from these amazing women above. Madonna shaped my mid to late teens, Princess Diana had me spellbound as a young girl, and Julia Roberts was and is my actress crush.
So, there they are, the most iconic women of my life, shared with you on this International Women’s Day. I would love to know who yours are?