Mummy says… Shopping for the perfect birthday gift can be a challenge. What do you get the person who has everything? How do you choose a gift that will surprise him and make him happy? The chances are high that your husband will go out and buy whatever it is that he wants when he wants it, making buying him a birthday gift the ultimate challenge! Fear not, I have 5 ideas for your partners birthday…
- Silly card. Don’t forget to get your partner a birthday card! It can be romantic, silly, or loving and sentimental. I have found some great fun and silly ones online at www.limalima.co.uk You could maybe give a gift card with a voucher for his favourite restaurant too.
- Think about his interests. If it is going to be a large birthday, you may want to choose a large gift that he would be shocked to receive. For example, if your husband is turning 40 and has always wanted a motorbike, perhaps now is the time to get him one. Make sure to pay attention to what he talks about and what he watches on television. These things should give you great clues as to what your husband may want for his birthday.
- Consider gifting him with a surprise holiday. A surprise holiday could be the perfect gift for your partner. It doesn’t have to be an expensive holiday but be a short weekend getaway is enough to let your husband know that you were thinking of him and wanted to do something special with just him.
- Plan a date night that is a surprise. Life is busy and often times people forget to continue to date their partner just like they did when they were first a couple. When was the last time you went on a date with your partner? Has it been awhile? Why not plan a surprise date night for him and take him to dinner at your favourite restaurant. You could then go and see a movie or go dancing or whatever he would enjoy.
- Buy tickets to see his favourite band in concert or sporting event. If your husband enjoys concerts and listening to music or going to a sporting event to watch his favourite team, consider purchasing tickets to do one of these activities. The ideal way to do this is to buy tickets to the event around his birthday time so that when he receives his gift, he doesn’t have to wait several months for the event to happen.
I hope these 5 ideas for your partners birthday help you to choose something special – have you any ideas to add?