Pickle says…We love this time of year in my house, and one of our favourite events is Halloween. Whilst I really don’t like anything too spooky or scary, I do love everything else, and we have some great Halloween family celebration ideas for you.
Even if you are little like me, there are lots of ways to celebrate and enjoy Halloween. Our local village has an organised Trick or Treat Trail which takes place in the village centre. Lots of shops and cafes join in, giving sweets to the children who visit, and it is such fun and safe for everyone too.
Other Halloween Family Celebration ideas are:
- Go Pumpkin picking. Search online to see if there is a Pumpkin Farm near you. It is great fun choosing your own pumpkin, and many places have other activities going on too.
- Watch some spooky family films such as Casper the Friendly Ghost or Frankenweenie
- Decorate pumpkins with stickers and paint, rather than carving them.
- Play Halloween games such as pin the Spider on the Web, or have a Pumpkin hunt with mini pumpkins to find and swop for a treat.
- Have a Halloween Bake off with treats such as Parkin, Halloween cookies and cupcakes.
Ways to Decorate your Home for a Halloween Party. There are a lot of really gruesome scary decorations out there, but for little ones there are fun ways you can decorate without being frightening:
- Ghost or spider fairy lights.
- Halloween bunting and banners. Many feature cute ghosts or pumpkins, or you can make and colour your own.
- Spider webs with plastic spiders.
- Black and orange balloons.
- Change your lightbulb for a red or orange one
PIN FOR LATER
You can download your own Halloween Family Pack from Personalised Gift Shop which has lots more Halloween family celebration ideas. They also have gorgeous personalised sweet jars and bags which are perfect to make your Halloween extra special.
How do you celebrate Halloween? We would love to hear if you have any ideas to add!