We have visited Menorca five times, and absolutely love the island. We have explored most places, and have picked our must see sights in Menorca to share with you. Menorca is a tiny Balearic Island, and enjoys sunshine most of the year. Unspoilt, friendly and just beautiful, it is the perfect family holiday destination.
- Monte Torro – The highest point of the island, giving panoramic views of the whole island.
- Cala n Bosch – the most stunning marina, surrounded by some great family restaurants.
- Binibequer – a breathtakingly pretty seaside village made up of white buildings with tiled roofs. It has a couple of cafes and it is great exploring the tiny, winding lanes.
- Torre D’en Galmes – an incredible historical archaeological site of an ancient settlement. The whole family will love it – if you visit just one site it must be this one.
- Ciutadella – the old capital with the most stunning harbour.
- Fornells – on the North coast of the island. A favourite place for the King of Spain to visit. A lovely coastal village with fantastic restaurants.
- Mahon – capital of the island and the second largest natural harbour in the world. So many squares, lanes and areas to explore. Great shops and cafes.
- Son Bou – one of the best beaches on the island. Wide, safe and one of the best places to watch the sun set.
There are lots of accommodation choices in Menorca, from simple camp sites to luxury hotels. You can book a villa with a private pool, or stay in a traditional style complex. Flights are roughly 2 hours from the UK into Mahon – the only airport. Mahon is no more than an hour or so from anywhere on the island.
Have you visited Menorca?