Pickle says…. MiMi. my biggest sister has finished University and graduates next month. She has achieved a 2:1 in English Literature and Journalism and we are SUPER proud of her. We want to smother her with our love, hugs and of course a present or two. We have drawn up some graduation gift ideas which might help you , if you have someone who is graduating too.
It has not been an easy three years for MiMi for several reasons, and whilst we never doubted her, we also know that at times it was almost too much for her, and it would have been so easy for her to give up and come home. But she didn’t. She stuck at it, she got through it, and she has done it! She is the first one in the whole family to go to Uni and get a degree!
So, here are our ideas. We are concentrating on gifts for girls – although in our gender equality family these are of course suitable for a boy too!
- A very personal keepsake. For MiMi, it has to be something to do with Beauty and the Beast, her favourite film and princess. The Enchanting Melodies Belle Doll is perfect. We bought her a jewellery box last year from Disneyland Paris and she loves it – this would have been an ideal gift too. There are also Belle mugs and glitter globes with the rose inside.
- A special piece of jewellery. MiMi has a Pandora bracelet and a charm to celebrate her graduation is a great idea. There is an actual silver mortar board graduation charm which is perfect, or her initial is another idea. We have also seen some gorgeous Pandora earrings too, and the rings are just gorgeous as well! Talk about spoilt for choice!
- Fresh flowers. A real treat and the perfect way to celebrate. There is nothing like having fresh flowers delivered. We might choose her favourite flowers along with flowers associated with love, and her birth month of July. We could choose a bouquet or flowers in a vase or box.
- A photogift. We have so many ideas. A collection of photos of her Uni years, a special family canvas, or a framed picture I have drawn especially for her.
- A personalised journal as she begins the next chapter of her life.
- Personalised wall art featuring a favourite quote. We love ‘She believed she could, so she did.’ Perfect for MiMi.
- A special celebration holiday. We *might have a very special celebration at the most magical place on earth planned, as MiMi not only graduates next month, she also turns 21! My other sister Lea has her 18th birthday later in the year, so it is a big year of celebrations for us. Watch this space
Of course we will be having a big family celebration too, although we will miss MiMi’s actual graduation ceremony as she is not flying home until later in the month. We will probably have a family meal somewhere nice, or a BBQ if the weather is good, and we are looking at a very special cake for MiMi too.
Are you celebrating this summer? Do you have any graduation gift ideas to add?