We were very lucky to have been invited to Butlin’s over Easter – none of us have ever been before. We have a full review post coming very soon, but wanted to share with you some reasons why you should visit Butlin’s if you are looking for a UK holiday that is just awesome for the whole family.
We stayed at Butlin’s Minehead, there are also parks at Bognor Regis and Skegness.
We have to say that we didn’t know quite what to expect from Butlin’s – Mummy had heard very mixed reviews about them and to be honest, not great reports about the accommodation. It is somewhere Mummy has wanted to visit for ages though, so we were all so excited.
There is so much to say about Butlin’s – for now, here are our 5 top reasons why you should visit Butlin’s…
- Accommodation. We stayed in a West Lakes Village chalet and it was absolutely faultless. Two super comfy bedrooms, a luxurious bathroom and second loo, fully equipped modern kitchenette and living space with a verandah right on the lakeside. With microwave, dishwasher and two TV’s.
- Food. We had a Premier Dining Plan. We had a choice of two restaurants, both of which were great. There was so much choice with breakfast and an evening meal included. We loved the Live Cooking Stations where omelettes, pancakes, pasta and meat are cooked freshly for you.
- Entertainment. Inside The Pavilion is the Skyline Stage where there is some sort of entertainment most of the day. You can grab a drink or food from the outlets in The Pavilion and sit and watch the shows. We saw The Teletubbies, Mr Men and Little Miss, Billy and Bonnie Bears and there were lots more too. Check the website for the full list of acts. One night we watched an awesome gross science show in the Centre Stage which is a huge theatre style venue.
- Fairground. Most rides are free, the teens loved this part a lot! Waltzers, Chair O Planes, Helter Skelter and loads more. A real traditional seaside fairground.
- Atmosphere. We loved how the modern Butlin’s still has so much of the past, vintage rides, original buildings, it is such a unique place to holiday.
Have a look at our video review too….
These are just a few of the many reasons why you should visit Butlin’s, have you visited or would you love to go?
There is oodles of information on the Butlin’s website, including all current discounts, entertainment and more.