I used to eat everything when I was a baby, and Mummy tried everything with me. As I got a bit older, I got a little more fussy, and changed what I like to eat and what I will not touch. Breakfast is the most important meal as I have been sleeping for (hopefully hours) and will be hungry!
Mummy and I have put together a list of easy healthy breakfast ideas for tots, ones which are very quick to put together, healthy for me and most importantly that I think are super yummy! Lots of you Mummies just don’t have time to prepare Pinterest ready blueberry puree with organic soaked oats (hats off to you if you do, but my Mumma don’t), so here are our simple ideas:
- Fresh fruit. A banana is filling and full of so much good stuff such as potassium. Add a yoghurt for calcium and extra vitamins.
- Healthy cereal as a snack – most boxed cereals have added sugar and/or salt even though there may be added Vitamins too. Bear Nibbles Alpha Bites are multigrains such as wholegrain ground wheat and ground oats, with coconut blossom nectar which has twice the calcium of milk and is naturally high in potassium. I love them dry in a bowl with fruit such as grapes, raisins or blueberries added, together with a glass of milk.
- Tropicana range Juice – no not all juices are the same, Tropicana Orange Juice has Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) which is essential for a healthy immune system and cell growth as well as Vitamin C which helps iron absorption. We have not found another Orange Juice that states it has B9 too – if you have, please let us know.
- Hot Oat Cereal. I am currently having Harvest Morn Instant Hot Oat Cereal from Lidl which is purely rolled oats, oat flour and added Vitamins and minerals including calcium, iron, Vitamin B6, Thiamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and more. Mummy warms some milk in the microwave and adds to the oats, mixing well.
- Toast – some bread has calcium added such as Hovis Best of Both. Kingsmill also have one which is a white loaf but made with wholemeal flour for super fussy tots – although I do eat wholemeal bread. I have a glass of Orange Juice or milk too.
Do you have any other suggestions to add?