With four of us, and being on her own, every year Mummy has to keep an eye on the pennies, and for a while she has been busy budgeting for Christmas
We cannot believe that Christmas is round the corner, and already lots of shops and online companies have some brilliant bargains and offers
We have some top tips for saving money at Christmas which we thought we wold share with you:
1. Shop around. With so many shops competing against each other, prices can vary hugely.
2. Clear our your freezer now and shop ahead for your meat and frozen veg when you see it on offer.
3. When shopping online look at a cash back company, they can have some brilliant deals and most are free to join.
4. Take advantage of all 3 for 2 offers – most shops have them – but, do make sure they give you the right item free, you may have to put them through the till separately. Shops such as Argos have these deals on toys now.
5. Check out sites such as Money Life for current tips and advice about money, including the latest technology such as the increasing cashless technology.
6. Keep an eye on retailers offering any deals with their loyalty cards. Check what points you have managed to save.
7. Set a budget for each person and stick to it. Think about homemade cards and gifts which are super personal and can save you a fortune.
8. If you have family over for a Christmas meal – maybe even Christmas lunch, then ask everyone to bring something – a desert, a bottle of wine etc to help with the cost.
Don’t forget Christmas is all about making memories together, enjoying fun outdoors, and just doing and making things together. A movie night with hot chocolate and popcorn, making some decorations, making cards for family together all cost very little but will be remembered and enjoyed too. Even my bigger bro and sisters love doing things like this together.
What are your top tips?