Last weekend we were so very lucky to have been at Camp Bestival for our first festival EVER. As an Official Camp Bestival blogger we were super excited to go – but also had no idea what to expect! We have so much to share with you, but thought we would start with our top five reasons why Camp Bestival is best, and info about tickets for 2017.
So, with over 600 UK festivals every year, why is Camp Bestival so awesome? What makes it such a brilliant festival for families with children of all ages? Why was it so great for Mummy as a single mum to take us? Here are our top five reasons why Camp Bestival is best:
- The organisation. From first approaching the site on arrival to the people on site all over the festival, it was all so well organised. The camping areas were well lit and in clear sections. Huge signs showed where the toilets, water and (in the camping field) the showers were.
- The shows. We saw Mr Tumble, Jess Glynn, Dick and Dom, Fat Boy Slim, The Chuckle Brothers, The Brand New Heavies and the teens loved Rat Boy. There were so many other acts but we were too busy to catch them. There was so much going on, we will share more in our full review.
- The food and drink. So many stands offering such a huge variety of food, and all at great prices too. Mummy adores good coffee and there were plenty of places serving a good cup for around £3 for a latte. Chunky chips were around £3 and a big plate of yummy pasta was £5- £6. We shared a freshly cooked pizza or two for £10 for a 10-12″ margarita. You could also choose from paella, curry, various wraps, sandwiches, burgers, fish and so much more.
- The space. Spread over various fields around the beautiful Lulworth Castle, it was a stunning location. There were workshops and walks sprinkled in the woodland areas, and loads of room to sit and chill with a picnic and soak up the atmosphere.
- The people. Everyone was super friendly – all our camping neighbours were fab – lending us a trolley, a heavier tent peg hammer, welcoming Pickle to play, sharing snacks and more. The staff on the stands were warm and friendly and it felt a very safe, happy, welcoming place to be.
Look out for our full review soon – if you are looking to go to a festival next summer you honestly cannot do better than choose Camp Bestival. We camped in general camping and found a space with no problems, with loos, showers and a cafe caravan (serving great coffee!)
The best thing about going next year is that it is Camp Bestival’s 10th Anniversary so it will be even more amazing (if that is possible). It is from 27-30 July at Lulworth Castle. A very limited number of Early Bird tickets go on sale at 10am on Monday 8th August (tomorrow), so if you want to guarantee your place at the best family festival in the UK, you had better get in there quick! It was a sell out this year so make sure you don’t miss out.
Camp Bestival Festival Ticket Info:
Camp Bestival 2017 Early Bird Tickets are on sale from 10am, Monday 8 August via:
Ticketline / 0844 888 4410
Days Out With Kids / 01202 830838
Camp Bestival 2017 Early Bird Weekend Ticket Prices:
Adult Weekend Ticket – £175*
Student Weekend Ticket – £165*
Age 13 to 17 Weekend Ticket – £105*
Age 10 to 12 Weekend Ticket – £80*
Age 5 to 9 Weekend Ticket – £30*
Age 4 & Under Weekend Ticket – £10*
Babes In Arms (1 & Under) – FREE (but ticket required)*
All tickets include camping from Thursday or Friday.
Weekly Payment Plan:
Use the 30-week payment plan to purchase your tickets meaning that an adult ticket can now be bought at a payment of around £5 per week over 30 consecutive weekly payments following your initial deposit payment. Book online via Ticketline only: select ‘Camp Bestival 2017 – Weekend Payment Plan’. Once you have signed up to the payment plan, which basically means giving your agreement by ticking the bank mandate form on Ticketline’s website, they will automatically debit your card on a weekly basis. NB: Booking fees and a deposit (£25 per adult ticket) will be charged with your initial transaction. More info here.
*NB: please refer to the Camp Bestival Ticket Terms & Conditions