We have been on lots of holidays, here in the UK and abroad, but we have never stayed in a villa. It is something that we are looking to do as soon as we can, and we have been looking at preparing for a family villa holiday. Here is our list of things to think about:
1. How many of us would be going and the sleeping arrangements to book the right amount of bedrooms.
2. Bathrooms. We would be holidaying with our teens who notoriously need more time in the mirror! This could be tricky as I would need to have baths too. We would need at least two bathrooms.
3. Where is the villa situated – what are our families needs? Does anyone have mobility problems? As well as the location of the villa, we may need downstairs bedrooms and bathroom for grandparents.
4. Will we need a private pool – some villas only have access to a shared pool.
5. Is it child / toddler friendly? Are there stair gates and high chairs or could we hire them.
6. Regarding food and drink – are there any chef services offered, what are the kitchen facilities, where are their nearby places to eat. Is there a BBQ provided?
7. Check what towels are provided, are there beach or pool towels included?
8. Will we want to hire a car?
And some top tips for you too:
*Save the villas location in your phone so you don’t get lost, especially if you are driving.
*Check the villa and contents as soon as you arrive for any problems.
*Check the guidelines on leaving the villa, what to do with rubbish etc.
*Check how much deposit is required and when and how it is paid.
If you have never holidayed in a villa you will find it a little different to arriving at the airport and being taken to a hotel – you may just have to collect a key, or the key will be in a key safe at the property and you will make your own way there – don’t forget airport transfers.
Over at Top Villas, they have a fantastic concierge service where they will help you with a whole range of extras to make your holiday run smoothly, and to save you time and hunting around online. From airport transfers to car hire, private chefs to booking various grocery welcome packs they have a whole load of services for you.
They have villas all over the world, from America to Europe, The Caribbean to Africa with over 5,000 villas in over 100 destinations. The website is super easy to use and you can book your villa instantly. With phone lines open 24 hours a day, seven days a week you can always speak to someone too.
I know who Mummy will be talking to when we want to book our villa!
Have you holidayed in a villa? Have you any tips for preparing for a family villa holiday?
This is a collaborative post.