It is nearly here – the summer holidays. Six weeks of wall to wall sunshine, garden parties, barbecues and balmy summer nights. Oh wait, hang on a minute, we live in Wales! Cue rain, wind, and temperatures more suited to early Spring!
Well, we can keep our fingers crossed can’t we? Feeling hopeful, Mummy is talking about her summer garden ideas, ready for all the lovely summery activities we want to do outside, and all the hot days and warm evenings! We shared some ideas with you a few weeks ago, here are some more:
- Paint the garden wall. We have a long wall right at the back of the garden which is bare blocks, and Mummy has wanted to paint it a lovely terracotta colour for years! She looks out to it when at the kitchen sink so would love to spruce it up.
- Mummy loves mediterranean style pots and hanging decorations and plans to decorate our wall with some, as well as some trendy garden mirrors which are very cool at the moment.
- There is something so relaxing about the sound of water in a garden, and Mummy would love a water feature of some sort – more a ball water feature rather than a pond.
- We have a lovely large garden, and a wooden fence which runs around most of it. Mummy would love to hang some pretty lanterns with candles in for a summer get together – Grandad, MeeMee and Luke all have their birthdays in July so this would be a lovely time to celebrate.
- A fire pit or chiminea. To keep us cosy as it gets dark. (And warm!)
If Mummy was able to get a move on with these fab summer garden ideas we would have a very lovely garden indeed. We just need someone to provide the sunshine! How is your garden looking for summer?