Four years ago Mummy discovered she was pregnant with me, and because it was ten years before that that she had my brother Mummy had to buy everything again for me. This was rather lovely for Mummy, and my bro and sisters to help choose everything too. Choosing what your baby needs is really special, and something that is extra special is planning your Nursery furniture wishlist.
If you are lucky, you will have a separate room especially for baby, and can decorate and fill it just as you want to. I have picked out (with Mummy’s help!) what I would have on my Nursery furniture wishlist. We hope you like it all!
- First, and most importantly, a cot or cotbed. I loved sleeping in my moses basket when I was first born, or a crib would be good too. I felt more secure than in a great big cot until I was a little older. Draws on wheels that fit under the cot will give extra storage space.
- A chest of draws for all my little vests, baby gros and other clothes.
- A wardrobe is great for my clothes that need hanging up, and storage boxes in the bottom can hold spare nappies and wipes. One with shelves inside, or draws underneath are also a good idea for extra storage.
- A book case is lovely if you have room, for special books and keepsakes that we get when we are born.
- A real treat would be a matching set of furniture, I love this Winnie the Pooh one, it has a baby changing unit too which is really useful.
If your Mummy is really clever than she could make curtains and bedding for you, there are some gorgeous fabrics available on line. Add some bright wall art or stickers, and that would be my perfect nursery!
What do you think? What would be on your Nursery furniture wishlist?