I cannot believe it is Mother’s Day soon – where is the time going? Usually older people say that, but my brother, sisters and I feel it too! We would love to plan a special Mother’s Day Lunch for Mummy to show her how much we love her. We would like to do it at home, so she can relax whilst we sort out everything.
It would be lovely to ask my Nana (and Grandad!) over too, as Nana is Mummy’s mum and helps us all so much. We don’t entertain very much at home, so have been thinking about what we would really like to get, to make it a special meal.
- New table linen – a lovely gift for Mummy too. Linen Me have some gorgeous matching sets.
- A new dinner set, again a lovely gift for Mummy to keep and use on special occasions. There are some beautiful Harris Scarfe dinner sets that she has seen.
- Fresh flowers for the table. There are some stunning ideas on this website, maybe we could have a go at making our own.
- Mummy loves napkin holders, but has never treated herself to some. It would be so nice to get some for her.
- We would like to make Mummy some name place holders which would be a keepsake for this special meal too.
Obviously we would also need to plan the meal itself, Mummy’s favourite is pasta, or a roast beef dinner with yorkshire pudding, cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes, carrots and broccoli. She would love garlic mushrooms to start, and toffee or raspberry pavlova for desert. YUM! Add a nice glass of chilled Rose wine and it would be perfect!
So, we now just need to save our pennies, and get some help to order everything! Mother’s Day is 6 March this year, so not too far away. What will you be doing to celebrate Mother’s Day?