We don’t know about you, but we are totally fed up with the rain. We don’t normally moan about the weather and try and make the most of every day, but after what seems like weeks and weeks of nothing but rain, we have had enough! ‘Never mind, says Mummy – It will soon be Spring!’ We have actually had a little bit of sunshine today – and, wait for it, blue sky! It was a beautiful, bright, sunny, cold day. The sort of day we love. The kind of day that gives you just the tiniest hint that it will soon be spring. It even seemed to get darker a touch later too.
So, with thoughts of Spring in our minds, we have started thinking about what we would like to do in the Spring.
One area that we want to really think about is our garden. We are lucky and live on a corner of a small close, so have a lovely large garden, which goes right around three sides of our house. Up till now, we haven’t really done much with the garden, my Grandad looks after the grass and hedges for us – thank you Grandad as it is a lot of work. My cousin M helps him when he can too. But we want to do more this spring. Usually here we have a warm spring – sometimes better than the summer. So we need to get ready early! Here are our 5 fab garden ideas for Spring:
- Create a butterfly garden. We can’t really attract birds, as we have a cat, and we don’t like buzzy insecty things, but we love butterflies. We want to plant some buddleia, lavender and other plants.
- We are looking at greenhouses. We are thinking of getting one so we can grow our own plants. Grandad is a brilliant gardener and will help us.
- We have a large plain block wall along the back of the garden and we would also love to paint it.
- For my first spring /summer we had a large swimming pool up – we did have a heat wave that year though! We all loved it and had a lot of fun. I would love one again. It takes a lot of preparation so we need to start in the spring.
- I would love my own play area with a swing, slide and maybe even a play tower! This is the year to get one, as I will get years of play out of it.
The time to think about all these things is the spring, so that everything will be ready for the summer holidays.
What do you think of our garden ideas for spring? Do you have a big garden?