Do you love your home? Is it your castle, no matter how small it may be? Wherever you live, in whatever type or size of home, we have 5 New Years Resolutions for your home. Yes, for your home!
So whether you feel like you never ever want to leave your home, or you are thinking ‘Help, sell my house fast!’ because you just don’t like it very much, try these New Years Resolutions for your home and you will feel better about it.
- Appreciate your home. It shelters you and your family, it keeps you warm, dry and safe. Focus on what you have, rather than on what you wish you had.
- Grab a notebook and make a note of 5 things you are grateful for, and 5 things you would like to improve. Refer back to it regularly, adding and ticking off as you go. Look around your home, noticing what you love about each room. It could be the way the light floods in, or the wall colour or a fireplace.
- Remove or change things that you do not like. Move the furniture around, paint a feature wall in a new colour. Make a note of what you do not like and could get rid of, then look into selling it or giving it to charity.
- Do you rent your home? You can add rugs, wall hangings or pictures, change the curtains or light shades. House plants can make a big difference and change how a room feels.
- Do not buy anything unless you have a real need or place for it. If you do really need it, then promise yourself you will get rid of something else. Be more mindful when you shop, only buy it if you know exactly where it will go and what it will do.
By putting these resolutions into practice, you can love and appreciate your home more than ever.