How is Christmas looking for you? Are you looking for some ideas and inspiration for making making your home more festive? Time is marching on, and money is probably running out, and you might be stressing a little about how to do it, whilst needing to clear out, clear up, get ready for visitors etc Anyway, fear not, why not give these ideas a try?
1. Twinkly lights. Turn off your main lights, and drape twinkly lights around. You can buy them cheaply, and get battery operated ones too if there is no socket handy. Cover bookcases, TV cabinets, dressers etc to detract from clutter 😉 It really feels Christmassy and cosy too.
2. Candles – there are so many gorgeous Christmas scented candles out there, and the smell of them, along with the flickering light all add to a lovely atmosphere. BE CAREFUL and responsible with candles and the flame. You can also fill a bowl with clementines, cinnamon sticks and pierce the clementines with cloves for a natural Christmassy scent.
3. Visit a garden centre for inspiration for new decorations and theme ideas. Maybe buy a couple of new decorations to update the ones you already have. They usually have some more unusual displays too to inspire you.
4. Use your Christmas Cards as decorations! I stick ours up on bare spaces of wall, cabinets and on the doors to fill with festive scenes. Visit Pinterest for more ideas.
5. Natural greenery. Go for a walk and collect twig, branches and holly. Make your own wreaths and cover the twigs and branches with spray snow and lights. Pop into a large vase or basket to display.
I hope you feel a little more inspired now! The most important part of Christmas and the lead up to it, is to enjoy being with your loved ones and make the most of every moment. No one will remember if your house wasn’t immaculate, or your decorations didn’t match. They will remember the love, laughter and warmth of being together. Do you have any ideas to add for making your home festive?