What do you usually do for New Years Eve? We are home, or at my Aunty’s house, but we would love to go to any of these five fab places to be on New Years Eve. How about you?
- Times Square, New York. We have never been to New York, but MeeMee stayed there when Mummy was pregnant with me, nearly four years ago. She said Times Square is amazing – and it certainly looks like it on the TV. Mummy would love to be here one New Years Eve, just to experience it.
- London. We watch London every year on the TV – the London Eye all lit up, Big Ben chiming and the fireworks. Now that I have been on the London Eye earlier this year and seen Big Ben, I would love to be there with my family. It looks very busy though, and I guess we would have to be there very early to get a good spot. Mummy always wonders what happens if any of us need the loo?!
- Edinburgh. The Hogmanay festival sounds incredible and is now on for three days! How great to go there for a mini break.
- Looe in Cornwall. One of Englands best free New Years Eve parties – the whole of Looe dresses up in fancy dress and parties around the town in pubs, clubs and restaurants. For us little ones there are fireworks on the seafront at 6pm and then, if we are still awake, we can see in the new year on East Looe seafront with another spectacular firework display at midnight.
- Tenby Pembrokeshire. The only one on our list that Mummy has been to – MeeMee too. Lea is planning on being there this New Years Eve too. Next Year, Mummy is hoping to stay in Tenby for the night so she can take me into Tudor Square for the first time. The town all meets up and fills the main square from 11.30pm to welcome in the New Year with fireworks and a giant balloon drop. Entrance to the square is free.
Where are you this New Years Eve? Have you ever been to any of these celebrations?