With a brand New Year just around the corner, I have thought about the resolutions I want to make. Taking inspiration from my children, I have finally decided and they are a bit different to the usual wants of maybe losing weight or giving something up. These are five fab New Years Resolutions for everyone. I wonder if any resonate with you?
- Be in the moment. Be mindful. Focus on this moment in time, especially when I am with my children.
- Schedule and plan more. Particularly with relation to my blog, which is my ‘job’ now. Have set times when I am working, and stop being on my phone ALL the time.
- Judge less – I really try not to judge, training to be a counsellor taught me a lot, and I want to take a leaf out of my daughters book. She is 16 and the least judgemental person I have ever met. I am proud of her attitude and outlook. She judges no one, no matter what their circumstances.
- Take a breath. Literally count to ten. I find myself sometimes ranting on and on, losing control and then asking myself why? I want to stop losing my temper so easily.
- Accept. What will be will be. Most things are out of my control anyway, and I cannot predict the outcome.
I would also like to share with you my five top mantras which I have found to be very powerful and make such a difference to my mental attitude. Honestly, give them a go – especially if any really catch your eye.
- ‘Trust and let go’.
- ‘Don’t borrow sorrow from tomorrow’.
- ‘All is happening perfectly’.
- ‘I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing’.
- ‘This too will pass’.
Do you have any mantras or sayings that make a difference to you? Please share them with me
Ickle Pickle and I hope you have a wonderful, happy, healthy New Year. Kaz x